Our reputation is founded on delivery of temporary works, but demand for the same quality delivered across permanent works has ensured expansion of the services we offer.
Every project we undertake is closely monitored by one of our directors, who is always available to discuss progress with clients, something we believe is essential to the successful advancement of any scheme. It also ensures we continue to develop the sound practical, yet innovative designs for which we are renowned, always tailored to the required budget.
We bring together a wide range of expertise and experience, across a number of in-house disciplines to provide a high quality, accurate and timely service, whatever the demands of the project – the complete package of consultancy services available with just one call.
The permanent works aspect of our business has grown significantly in recent years and by exploiting our extensive knowledge and experience of construction techniques, we design permanent works that optimise the use of materials and allow easy, time-saving construction on site. When possible we will simplify construction with a view to eliminate or reduce the amount of temporary works required to help save time and reduce costs on site.
The quality of our service is backed by comprehensive Business Management Systems, in accordance with ISO9001 and ISO14001, standing testament to our commitment to continually improve the service we offer.
When contracting our services, you are guaranteed additional peace of mind thanks to our procedures meeting the requirements of ISO 18001 certification, the internationally accepted and recognised management standard for occupational health and safety.
Additional services include:
We have gained considerable experience and built a formidable reputation for our expert advice in litigation relating to Civil and Structural Engineering disputes. This ranges from investigation of structural failures leading to insurance claims and/or litigation to attendance at Public Inquiries dealing with contentious development schemes.
CDM Principal Designer
Since the introduction of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994, we have offered clients a full range of services, developing extensive experience in this role for construction scheme values up to £20 million.
Historically, we have provided the Planning Supervisor and CDM Coordinator roles, and are now in a position to fulfil the role of ‘Principal Designer’ to suit the legal requirements of the newly published Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
We will also advise Principal Designers with regards to their duties on Temporary Works and Temporary Works design.
Every year we undertake detailed inspections of stadiums to confirm they provide the conditions necessary for a safe and enjoyable experience for spectators, whether that is the permanent infrastructure or temporary arrangements for increased capacity and alternative viewing arrangements.
Our experience in checking the safety and suitability of temporary seating has seen us add prestigious events like, Trooping the Colour, the 2012 Olympics and The Open Championship to our roll of honour, along with numerous concert and festival venues – yes, some do have seats!
We continue to expand the services we offer, developing our reputation for innovation, and whilst the following list shows a little of what we do it is by no means comprehensive – some of what we do will always remain confidential of course.
If you have needs similar to those listed, or have a challenging project that has you stumped, then please get in touch, we love a challenge and never walk away.
Comprehensive design/detailing for new buildings in structural steelwork, in-situ concrete, pre-cast concrete, load-bearing masonry and structural timber.
Design of foundations, including various types of piling, vibro-compaction and dynamic compaction, underpinning of existing foundations.
- Detailed inspections of existing buildings and advice on refurbishment.
- Method statements for sequential demolition of existing buildings.
- Grouting of abandoned shallow mine workings, capping of deep mine shafts.
- Concrete repairs to multi-storey car parks and habitable buildings.
- Advice on Contract preparation and site supervision.
- Detailed checking of structural designs prepared by other Engineers e.g. under Building Regulation applications and in our role as Employers Agent under Design & Build contracts.
- Highways (both for adoption and private use), external pavings, service yards, car parks, etc.
- Sewerage (both for adoption and private use), including trunk sewers, pcc box culverts, pipe jacking, mini-tunnels, pumping stations, flood storage ponds/ tanks and flow attenuation/flood defence works, Flood Risk Assessment.
- Earthworks, retaining walls, sheet piling.
- Short span bridges and other highway structures.
- Traffic Engineering, including Transportation Assessments, junction designs, assistance/responses to Road Safety Audits, vehicle swept paths.
- Advice/implementation of highway and sewerage adoptions, Planning procedures, appropriate Forms of Contract and tendering procedures.
Demand for the development of brownfield sites has involved us in the remediation of contaminated land, right across the UK, to help progress the redevelopment of land for residential, retail and industrial projects.
In recent years we have covered just about every site imaginable from a disused gas works to pollution from industrial processing plant and landfill sites, with just about everything in between.