We understand our responsibilities beyond those of being a successful business and employer. We are committed to highest ethical standards in all our operations, on every project and in all our dealings with clients, stakeholders and the public.
We lead by example and act responsibly to try and make only positive contributions to the communities our activities affect. We recognise and manage our impact on the wider community, by reducing our carbon footprint and maintaining environmentally responsible business practices.
We work hard to deliver results for our clients, opportunities for our people and closer engagement with communities while preserving the valuable resources on which we all rely; sustainability is a balance between our commercial success and our responsibility to protect and preserve the environment.
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do and can be summed up:
- Excellence – we strive for the highest standards in all our activities
- Integrity – we always act with integrity with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Innovation – where appropriate we will use new materials, methods and practices to cut client costs
- Learning – we learn something new every day and grow our experience
- Adaptability – we always deliver results, even if we have to step out of our comfort zone
- Reliability – if we say we will deliver, we can be trusted to be on time and on budget
- Teamwork – collaboration with colleagues, clients and stakeholders is key to our continued success
- Relationships – we work hard to build trusted partnerships based on mutual trust
- Respect – views and opinions may differ, but we always listen and never judge
- Leadership – we understand the benefits of delegating responsibility in a supportive environment
- Courage – we will speak out if we see wrongdoing or actions that may harm others
- Accountability – we will clearly define and accept our responsibilities at work and beyond
- Passion – we believe in the transformational change our work has on colleagues and communities
Our continued success allows us to put more back into the communities in which we operate, whether through raising money for local charities; taking on and training apprentices from the local area or work experience and placement students from the region’s educational establishments.
Each year we welcome several work experience students to give them a flavour of life as an engineer; encouraging more girls into the profession is important for the management team.
Everything we do, in the office or out on our engineering schemes, has safety at its heart. All technical members of staff have CSCS cards to demonstrate a basic level of training, with more senior staff undertaking additional training; Personal Track Safety, Confined Spaces or Site Managers Safety Training Scheme.
Whilst this training ensures all our staff remain safe on the various sites on which they operate, it also gives an insight into risks they can try and eliminate in the design stage of future projects.